This picture is of the fault line that separates North America and
Me in
I am so worldly!
You know how we are always hearing about those wonderful Icelandic foods? Exactly… we don’t. I had salt fish and it was pretty good. I had fish balls and they basically tasted like fish sticks that weren’t breaded. I am not willing to try singed sheep head. Yes, they do have it and yes, it is a delicacy. But no, I have not seen it or been offered it. I did see a picture of it today and I wasn’t appetized at all. Actually, I saw a picture of a singed sheet sheep head on a postcard and it was the most revolting postcard I have ever seen. Imagine going to your mail box one day only find that picture staring at you. Here is a picture of live sheep. Much nicer.
And I now present to my photo essay of some interesting things on my
STEAM
There are lots of white clouds being spewed towards the sky by buildings across the countryside. Fortunately, it is not pollution. It is steam being generated from geothermal heating.
GULLFOSS
The golden falls.
We weren’t the only ones at Gullfoss today. It is one of
Among the hordes were this romantic young couple
How cute, no? They were actors – not sure if it was for tv or movies. This is that crew that was filming them:
GEYSIR
At first I thought that it was pretty vain for the Icelanders to refer to their most special geyser as “Geysir”. It seemed equivalent to talking in the first person. But oh, I was wrong. Geysir is the geyser. The rest were named after this one. This is Geysir today.
No eruptions. People used to throw rocks and other junk in there and it got bunged up. Instead, we got to see Strokkur. It is apparently much smaller than Geysir was but it goes off much more frequently. When we were there it was going off in intervals of less than 10 minutes. (this picture doesn't show the full height of the spray)
OUR SWEET RIDE
There’s not much more to say about that. The car itself wasn’t special. But it did allow us to see interesting things and the freedom to stop at any time for taking pictures of those interesting things.









That should give you a good taste of what I have seen in















No comments:
Post a Comment