I left the conference on Friday but have been loosely following the updates. The delegates settled on an agreement Saturday afternoon - a day later than scheduled. The final draft document is quite watered down from what many countries hoped but at least they made concrete decisions.
The whole process has really reinspired me to look at my own life and reduce energy use more than I currently am. The international processes really are massive political and bureaucratic machines that move along slowly. We can't really wait any longer to take action, and we can't look to our government for leadership. Everything has to start with personal action. That has given me some reason for reflection over the last couple of days and I am sure that I will be pondering it for the rest of my trip.
The whole process has really reinspired me to look at my own life and reduce energy use more than I currently am. The international processes really are massive political and bureaucratic machines that move along slowly. We can't really wait any longer to take action, and we can't look to our government for leadership. Everything has to start with personal action. That has given me some reason for reflection over the last couple of days and I am sure that I will be pondering it for the rest of my trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment