Tessa and I have been doing lots of interviews over the last 2 weeks and hearing lots of interesting stories. Some people don’t have much to say and their interviews are short, and others talk lots. Sometimes we don’t even have to ask many questions because someone will simply start talking once we tell them the topic. Tessa has got the hang of the interviews now and she has started taking the lead on asking questions. It has been a while since we have heard anything substantially new about environmental changes (i.e. there are several topics that we keep hearing about). It seems like we have covered all of the topics that are going to emerge but my understanding of details is still growing. I am enjoying people’s stories and hearing their perspectives. I have also learned a lot about doing interviews and how to ask questions.
There’s not much else to write about for now. Since most of my time has been consumed with interviews, typing up notes from interviews, and resting, I haven’t been doing much else exciting. I am hoping to get out in a boat soon to see some whales. The wind has been blowing constantly from the west for the last 2 days. The west wind brings high water (the wind affects sea level more substantially than the tide does), and in this case it has also brought some rain and fog. Maybe when the wind dies down in a day or 2 I will be able to get out in a boat with someone.
22 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment