My apologies in the delays in posting… I have put up a few entries today, although the last couple I had written in rough last week (point being, read below this post because there are a couple more new posts that I put up today). I have been really busy lately and it doesn’t look like it is going to slow down.
I stared doing interviews! I mentioned in an earlier post that I met a translator who would do interviews with elders who aren’t able to speak fluent English. So we did 5 interview together over 2 days and they went well overall.
I finally hired a research assistant yesterday and I think that she is going to be good. She will set up the interviews for us (since she knows everyone in town) and conduct the interviews with me. If all goes well, I am hoping that she will be able to take a lead role during interviews. We are meeting this afternoon to go over what I am hoping to get out of the interviews and then we plan on starting interviews tomorrow.
There are three guys staying here for a couple of nights who just paddled down the
1 comment:
Hey Markie!
I could email you but I thought I'd leave a comment instead...
Don't stress about the research assistant woes...I've hit the same kinds of problems here, which I'll be including a whole section about in my thesis!
Good luck in the interviews...if they're anything like mine they will be a huge learning experience!
Post a Comment